Chocobos have 10 levels that you can achieve by riding them for certain periods of time.
|2||Riding for 2 mins||New Ability: Dash De Chocobo - You can summon your chocobo to flee once per battle.|
|3||Riding for 6 mins||Max Stamina +10, Running speed increased (20mph)|
|4||Riding for 8 mins||New Ability: Kick De Chocobo - Your Chocobo can join you in battles and deliver a devastating kick.|
|5||Riding for 12 mins||Max Stamina +10, sprinting Speed increased (28mph)|
|6||Riding for 16 mins||New Ability: Dance De Chocobo - Your Chocobo can buff you to increase your health regeneration in battle.|
|7||Riding for 20 mins||Max Stamina +10, Jump Height Increased (8' 8")|
|8||Riding for 20 mins||New Ability: Rush De Chocobo - Your chocobo can unleash a flurry of attacks.|
|9||Riding for 24 mins||Max Stamina +10, Stamina Recovery Rate x2|
|10||Riding for 30 mins||New Ability: Link De Chocobo - Your chocobo can perform Blindside-Link attacks with Noctis.|
Note: The Riding Time counter is reset after the last level is earned. So for example - After earning Level 3, you would need to ride for an additional 8 mins to gain the next level.
Chocobo Riding Mechanics
- Sprint wears off after your Chocobo takes its 8th step.
- Chocobos retain their Sprint speed while gliding; your stamina also recovers while in the air.
- Halting (braking) while sprinting gives you a small boost as your Chocobo slides; it also allows you to recover some stamina.
How To Make Chocobo Faster
- Press sprint
- Between the Chocobo's 7th and 8th step, jump and glide.
- Immediately after the Chocobo lands, press Halt (brake) to make the Chocobo slide.
- Sprint again and repeat.
Do not let go of the Trot button while doing all of the steps. This allows you to have a longer time retaining sprint speed and lets you recover some stamina while doing it.